Sunday, April 12, 2009

Margaritaville on Okinawa




Friday night at the Butler officers' Club they had a Margaritaville Party. It was a lot of fun. Danita, Janine and I took the bus from Kadena, so no one had to drive. Luckily the bus left from the USO which is just a block from my BOQ! It was all you care to drink margaritas and all you can eat food - which was excellent. They had all types of fish and seafood. I didn't drink too many margaritas; I have an image to uphold over here! Several of my customers that I had met were there, especially Colonel Lamson and his wife; he spread the word fast that the VA Rep was in the building. I met a lot of new people, several which are very close to retirement, so they will be coming to see me. The members of the band that played Son of a Sailor were from Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I had to go talk to them, as they are the only other Arkansans I have seen on the island!

No comments:

Post a Comment