Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The sun doesn't rise over Okinawa



I went looking for the perfect sunrise this morning. I came to the conclusion that the sun doesn't rise over Okinawa. I will explain, last night I watched the sunset at the seawall outside Gate 1. The logical place for the sunrise is directly across the island, which is straight out Gate 2. If you go straight out Gate 2 keep straight all the way, you come to Sam's by the Sea, which should have a beautiful sunrise. Wrong! I left the house this morning at 5:00 a.m. I sat on the seawall by Sam's and the sun never came up. I could see a pink glow to the left, so I decided to get in the car and follow the glow. I knew if I drove long enough I would eventually see the sun. It took me driving to the island of Hamahiga then on to Miyagi Island and there it was, a perfect sunrise. It was about 6:30 a.m. the sunrise was 5:53 a.m. Next time that I go, I will not waste 30 minutes at the wrong location!

No comments:

Post a Comment