Sunday, February 15, 2009

A day at the spa!

It's Monday morning and I wanted to say hello to everyone before I head out for another day of adventure. Today is President's Day, so I am off work and will be going south today. I have not really explored Southern Okinawa, my plan is to go to Peace Prayer Park, which is in honor of the Battle of Okinawa.

A wonderful lady that I talked with at work called me Sunday morning and invited me to join her and her husband at Kanna Thalasso. This is an awesome spa. It has many different salt water pools that are for all different therapeutic things. There is one area that you walk in and the water is rushing against you to provide resistance. There are 3 outdoor massaging jet pools (like hot tubs) over looking the ocean, the large pool has different areas that you can sit that have really strong jets focused in different areas of your body. Feels great! There is a large lap pool, a really hot, hot tub, a fun water slide, a dry sauna and a herbal steam room. All of these pools have really warm salt water which is very good for your skin. There is one last small pool that is ice water. I got in about knee deep and then splashed it on myself; Tracy was brave and dove under a couple of times. The neatest thing about Kanna Thalasso, is it is a community center in the village of Ginoza. There were many older people there swimming and exercising. Made me think of Mother (my mother-in-law), she would love this place. I don't think that my Mom would have ever tried it. I wish we had something at home like that at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment