Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wednesday started out as a crazy day.......


Luckily, I always leave early for my briefings, just in case I get lost. Well, I didn’t get lost, I knew exactly where I was going, I drove about 45 miles to Camp Schwab, which is the most Northern base that I visit. I exited the Expressway about 7:15 a.m. and for some crazy reason, I glanced down at my calendar and noticed that I was supposed to be a Camp Kinser. Not a problem, except that Kinser is my most Southern base. As I said, I wasn’t lost, I knew exactly where I was, it just wasn’t where I was supposed to be! I turned around and headed south on the Expressway. Thank goodness I have a cell phone, I called my office at Camp Foster to find out the quickest way to get to Kinser and have them call Kinser staff to let them know that I was on my way! I got there about 8:20, so I was only about 20 minutes late. Even with that mishap, my briefing went really well.

After the briefing I headed out to the beach at Kinser to pick up more of the wonderful purple sea shells that I told you about earlier. That is where problem number two came in! Since my last visit to Kinser, about a month ago, they fenced in the entire Camp. I COULDN’T GET TO MY BEACH! Can you believe in one month time they built a fence along the entire beach? I couldn’t believe it!

The government doesn’t do anything that fast. Some one made the comment that the Japanese workers put the fence up! I really believe they work seven days a week! Now I am going to have to find another beach in that area to pick up my purple shells!

Since I had a limited time for lunch due to my next briefing at 12:30, I stopped at the seawall and ate lunch! It was really pretty to sit and listen to the waves and watch the sail boats off in the distance. But, not near as good as my purple shell beach!

2 comments:

  1. So you say you're working, it seems to me that there is an awful lot of sea shell/beach hunting and setting in cafes by the sea with only a sprinkle of briefings in between! You gotta be loving it right now! Be sure to keep your camera charged and have you though about how you are going to get those sea shells back into the US? Have a great time girl and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a counting collection for my classroom. Any shells you could find to send to me would be GREAT! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete