Sunday, March 22, 2009

My friend Karen's house




My friend Karen lives in Kitanakagusuku on top of a hill, overlooking the town and ocean, she has a big yard and the houses on her little street have a big yard, there are only about 10 houses. I tease her and tell her working for the American Consulate, she is living in the rich part of town! She has a large house with three bedrooms. Her house is a typical Japanese house, it has raised floors, wooden, all the kitchen cabinets are low, like my mom's used to be. The bath tub is a soaking tub, very deep, you step down into it, but it is not long enough to stretch out. She has the fancy toilets, they have heated seat, you push a button and it basically gives you a sitz bath with warm water that can flow in a straight stream or shower. She has offered to let anyone stay with her that wants to visit. I sure wish I had some takers! She would even let you use her daughter's surf board!

No comments:

Post a Comment