Friday, May 8, 2009

Edwin McCain at Camp Shields



Edwin McCain gave a free concert tonight at Camp Shields. Tomorrow night he will be at Camp Hansen. It was really a great show. There were probably only about 75 people there. He was so nice, at the end of the show he gave free CD's that he autographed. He sang two of my favorite songs - "I Could Not Ask For More" - the only thing that could have made that song better, would have been to have Stephen sitting right there with me and the other one that I love is "I'll Be", which would have been even better if Stephen was here. I can hardly wait to get home to see him. It was really fun tonight, after the show I saw a young man that I thought looked so familiar, he and his date came up to me and said they were in my briefing back in February. They had met each other at the briefing and have been dating since. Then when I got up to have my picture taken with Edwin McCain someone yelled take care of her, she's really helping everyone here. I looked around and there was a couple that was at one of my briefings and then I assisted in completing his application for compensation. They made me feel so welcome and like I really had assisted them. I am going to miss the daily contact with the service members and the outreach, but on the other hand, I can't want to see Stephen and the rest of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment