Saturday, May 9, 2009

Playing tour guide.

I met a lady in the parking lot of my building this morning. She was looking for the exchange. I told her where it was and told her that I was going to the post office; she asked if she could follow me to see where the post office is also. So I suggested that she go with me. She was thrilled. She works for Human Resources for the Navy; she arrived on island Thursday from Yukoska. We went to the post office, the exchange, then off base to eat lunch and go to the 100 Yen Store. After showing her around, we went back to the room and I invited her to go with me to watch the sunset at Torii Station. She said she feels like she knows more about Okinawa than she does Yukoska, which she had only been there for five weeks before they sent her here. She will be filling in for someone down her for two weeks. It was fun to show someone a few of the wonderful places that I have grown to love here in Okinawa. I wish that some of my friends and family would have been able to share this wonderful experience. Hopefully seeing it thru my eyes will be enjoyable for all of you! Believe me; my pictures do not reflect the beauty that I see everyday. This time next week I will be home. Continue to pray for my safe return!

No comments:

Post a Comment