Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another week down!





Sunday – I meet a really nice couple and their teenage daughter today at Church, Lauren, Steve and their daughter Stephanie. They were telling me some places to go. Lauren, Stephanie and I are going to do a girl’s day soon; they are going to take me to some of their favorite places. Lauren works in out patient records at Camp Lester, which is the Naval Hospital here on the island. This is where the service members and their dependents along with retirees are treated. Lauren said this is where I would go if I need any medical treatment. I told her no offense, but I don’t plan on needing to go there! I had a call from one of the Chaplain’s there, so I am going to get Tony our Retirees Activities Officer to take me by and meet everyone.

You all may know I got some bad news this weekend, Sugar passed away. Stephen bought her for me 15 years ago. She had completely lost her hearing and every morning, I would have to actually wake her up to go outside. I had a feeling that she may not be with us when I got home. Stephen took a picture of her and Morgan on his phone, the quality is not great, but it still shows how beautiful she was. Morgan told me that because Jazmin was missing Sugar, they were going to go to the pet store to buy her a special treat and another puppy. Stephen had to tell her a couple of times that they were getting another puppy!


I went today to a Ryukyu Dance performance at the Convention Center. It was so awesome. There were all different types of dancing. The Shisa Dog and Dragon dances were great. I took some pictures, I am going to post a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment