Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend in Okuma



Went up north to Okuma - Air Force Beach Resort this past weekend, it was great. I took a million pictures, and none of them do justice to what I actually saw! I met the Consulate Chief and she went up with me. She has been here since November and doesn't have a car yet. The beach was wonderful. We found a beach the we really like. It is at the most northern point on the island, we called this beach Dolphin Bay, because there is a sign there that has the picture of a dolphin. We don't know if that means there are dolphin close by or what. We never saw any dolphins, but it was a beautiful place and had great shells. I am putting a picture of the beach looking out from our room. When I get everyone's e-mail address in Shutterfly, I will send the link to all my pictures. I am going to the Cherry Blossom festival this weekend. I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I miss you. It sounds like you are having quite an adventure. It looks so beautiful there. I am not sure if I could drive tho. HA I will enjoy reading about your adventures and the pics. Take care of yourself. Luv U. Barb

    ReplyDelete