Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally Friday!

My first week is has come to a close! Today has been cooler, it has been cloudy and tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy and possibly rainy. I am looking forward to getting some rest. I haven't felt really good today, I think it is allergies. I mailed a box on December 23rd and another on on December 26th, I haven't received either one yet. I am anxious to get some casual clothes and my medicine (which includes my allergy medicine). At the post office he told me it would only take 10 days to two weeks. Today is actually only two weeks, I guess it just seems longer!

I may get out and explore the area some more. Right outside gate 1 there is Kadena Marina. There is a restaruant and a seawall, so I might check it out! There is supposed to be a lot of stores and shops out of gate 2, which is very close to my apartment, I may go check them out.

I watched Jeopardy this evening and there was a man on there named Jack McPherson, he was from Mt. Ida, Arkansas. He won also!

I will take more pictures so you can get a glimpse of Okinawa.

Please share my blog with anyone that is interested. Please keep in touch either by commenting here on sending me an e-mail.

My mailing address is:

Family Services Program
ATTN: VA Rep - Carol Vogler
18 FSS/FSFR
Unit 5134, Box 80
APO AP 96368-5134

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad to stay updated via your blog! We have a blog too - and have to say, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

    John & Alleen

    ReplyDelete